Friday, July 30, 2010

Paperwork ahhh

hmmmm donuts...
I just finished proof reading ten years of waterfowl surveys for Blackwater. Now I’m not going to lie, it was not the most exciting project I have done, and I had to ask myself if what I was doing was actually relevant, but it was. The numbers were not checked since being added to the excel spread sheet so if you were to make any charts or models for things like grant writing or managing for tends just from the waterfowl excel numbers, you would run the risk of misinterpreting the actual data . To get a feel for how many numbers I checked, there was about 3 days in one month and each day there was about 75 points. Then consider that the survey went back ten years , so I checked roughly 27,000 points. Wheew!

No comments:

Post a Comment