Friday, July 30, 2010

“Ok let’s get focused! We have alot of things to get done today!”

taking the notes. Susanne is in the background
Today I shadowed Susanne Baird, the refuge  manager. Talking with her was exciting! Until now I knew I  wanted to work in wildlife management or land conservation but I couldn’t really narrow that I wanted to do , to a specific program. Managers take everything into consideration and work with the big picture. I love this idea. I listened in on a conference call for the creation of a new historic paddle trail and also a meeting with contractors for a new wing in the visitor’s center on the refuge. I learned that partnership is critical in politics and support for any program you are pushing for. Just think of it. Me..your boss.. Muwahaha
west wing planning

No comments:

Post a Comment